Our mission in Career Services is to empower our students and alumni to actively seek and develop satisfying and fulfilling careers by:
(1) providing individual counseling, educational programming and resources designed to assist students and alumni in applying their education and experiences toward advancing career goals;
(2) facilitating and supporting connections among potential employers, students, alumni and Mercer Law School; and
(3) providing these services in a professional and responsive manner that respects the individual differences and needs of the students and alumni.
(1) determine your career interests by performing a self-assessment of your talents and preferences, attending programs and lectures designed to provide you with information on various career options, and interviewing professionals working in your desired field;
(2) develop job searching skills through participating in skill development workshops and seeking additional individual assistance as needed;
(3) take responsibility for your job search by diligently and consistently seeking employment;
(4) establish and maintain a network of professional relationships, which will not only serve your goals of obtaining employment, but that will also assist you in building your career beyond your first job;
(5) interact with each employer or potential employer professionally, respecting their needs and limited time;
(6) help the Career Services Office help you and your colleagues by keeping us informed of your job search goals and needs and your current employment status.
The Career Services Office is pleased to introduce Symplicity, a web-based interface that will greatly enhance the resources available through the Career Services Office: https://law-mercer-csm.symplicity.com/students/. For job fair information and to submit applications for the job fairs, please see the separate Symplicity site at https://law-glsc-csm.symplicity.com/.
Among other things, we will use Symplicity to schedule and manage our on-campus interview programs and to post job openings. If you are using your Mercer provided email address (access id @lawmail.mercer.edu), you will have already received an email advising you of your user id and password to access Symplicity. If you did not receive an email from Symplicity, please contact the Career Services Office to obtain your user id and password.
In order to ensure that you receive emails from Symplicity, it will be necessary for you to activate and use your Mercer provided email address (access id @lawmail.mercer.edu).
Students will be trained by the Career Services Office on all aspects of Symplicity, including On-Campus Interviews (OCI) and the Jobs & Resume Collection Bank.